Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Poppyseed Chicken


If you are from the south, or have ever had a baby, or had a family member die, or have gone to a church potluck -you have probably had or made poppy seed chicken. But in case you haven't - I thought I would share the recipe. There are lots of versions - but this is the one I use:

Poppy seed chicken

2 or 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut in small pieces
1 16 oz sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken
2 tbls of poppyseeds (I don't measure - I just shake a ton in)
Ritz crackers
1 stick of butter

Mix the first 4 ingredients and put in a baking dish. Cover with crushed up ritz crackers. Melt a stick of butter and pour on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.

1 comment:

  1. My hubby is not a fan of sour cream; do you think that I could substitute greek yogurt for that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete