Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cake Balls


This is super easy and you can make it any kind of variety you like. I've seen yellow cake and chocolate icing and chocolate and chocolate. But being the good Southern girl I am - I LOVE red velvet cake so I thought this would be good. (Jamie - you would LOVE these!)
All you do is bake the cake mix according to directions
When it's still warm - crumble it up in a bowl and mix in a can of frosting (I used cream cheese with the red velvet!)
IMPORTANT STEP: Refrigerate the cake and frosting for about an hour before you start making balls!
I used this handy little scooper from Pampered chef to scoop balls
Melt almond bark (either vanilla or chocolate - depending on your cake) and dip balls in the bark. You could use toothpicks or a fork - but I used this egg separator and it worked GREAT!
And voila - one of the yummiest things you will ever taste!!!

2 comments:

  1. These look so good! I will be making some:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These look delicious and I will NOW be making them for Christmas gifts this year for the girls here at the office. Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you and your family are staying warm through the ice and snow this weekend. We are supposed to be making a trip to Pine Bluff before Monday for my Pappaw's funeral :( but not sure we will be able to get there. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete