Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beef Enchiladas


This is something my dad used to make for us every once in a while. He used corn tortillas and I think fried them in oil (maybe?) but I'm going the easy route and just doing flour. (I was making two pans so I have more ingredients up here than you need!)

Beef Enchiladas

1 lb hamburger meat
1 small onion, chopped
1 can of chopped black olives
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of Enchilada sauce
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 flour tortillas

Brown the meat and saute the onions in with it. Season with salt to taste.  Once that is done, add in the olives and let it heat and then add in 3/4 of the cheese and let it melt - mix it all together. Fill tortillas with the meat mixture and roll up. Combine the mushroom soup and enchilada sauce and heat on low in a sauce pan and pour on top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.


Serve with Spanish rice and/or Guacamole and salsa and chips. 

THESE ARE THE BEST!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. YUMMO!!! I'm going to have to give this recipe a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these on your old recipe blog and have been making them for the last year or so. They are my favorite also. They are so incredibly easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been making these from your other food blog too. I use green enchilada sauce & blend that with the cream of mushroom for a smoother sauce. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Güelita (Spanish for grandma) would use corn tortillas for her enchiladas. All you do is heat up some oil in a pan and drag the corn tortillas through the warm oil to seal in the moisture. If you're using corn tortillas, that step makes a big difference! I've actually never had enchiladas with flour tortillas, but I'm definitely willing to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size can of enchilda sauce do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds SO good. Thanks for sharing.
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red Chile Enchiladas are my favorite! Here is a link to my favorite recipe for them: http://www.chimayochilebrothers.com/the-brothers-recipes/classic-red-chile-enchiladas of course, if you arent using real New Mexico Chili, you may as well just forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making this for the second time tonight, and plan to make it many more times in the future. My husband and I both love it!! Yum. Can't get my 3-year-old to try it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I am going to freeze these would I bake them first?

    ReplyDelete