Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Spanish Okra


{Source: Southern Living Homestyle Cookbook}

I love okra so I wanted to try this out.  It was an easy one pot meal to make for dinner.  I wouldn't say this is my favorite meal of all times or that I would make it for company - but it was good and my girls actually ate it. So that's a win!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground chuck
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups sliced okra
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup tomato juice (I used tomato sauce instead)
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
Hot cooked rice

Brown meat and onion in a large skillet.  Drain. Add okra. Cook 5 minutes constantly stirring.

Add tomato and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil.  Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until okra is tender.  Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. I made this the other night ( I did a blog post on it), and it came out great!

    ReplyDelete