Monday, February 11, 2013

Crunchy Pecan Chicken


{Source: Southern Living Homestyle Cooking, Page 231.  Comes originally from "Come On In" The Junior League of Jackson, MS"}

I will be honest.

This was kind of "meh" for me. 

My girls love chicken strips and nuggets so I thought they MIGHT like this.  I just wasn't a fan of the nutty flavor.  I ended up scraping off the crust and dipping it in ketchup - for me and the girls. 

But who knows? You might like it? It was easy to make.

Ingredients:

1 cup biscuit mix
1/2 cup finally chopped pecans
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (I made tenderloins instead)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.  Dip chicken in buttermilk and then dredge in pecan mixture.  Place chicken in an ungreased pan.  Drizzle butter over chicken.  Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until chicken is done (I only cooked the tenderloins about 35 minutes).  

No comments:

Post a Comment